Data is created everywhere within an enterprise. Various sources generate different types of data in all shapes and sizes, and companies need an instant IT solution to integrate that data in an easy-to-manage way. Almost all smart organizations opt for Data Integration Consultants to deploy a data integration solution that flexibly unites the systems and applications that are leveraging critical information flows.
What is Data Integration?
Data integration is the process of gathering data from numerous different sources into one joined vision to make the data more actionable and valuable to an enterprise. It provides business users with constant access and delivery of data throughout different business processes to meet the information utilization requirements of all applications.
While there is not any common method that can work as a general solution for all to solve data integration needs, the majority of solutions offer a few common features, such as a data source network, one master server, and allowing clients access to data from a master server.
Benefits of Data Integration
Data integration tools powerfully aggregate data and make it available to the users who require it. There are a lot of benefits for an organization that uses a data integration solution.
- Various types of data require different levels of specialty that the dataset achieves. Each set of data has individual qualities for everything ranging from metadata, structure and schema. An integration solution assists all such datasets and qualities.
- Some dedicated applications serve specific business information needs, but they also bring new opportunities to take benefit from data in new customs. Data integration lets the users switch between formats and view data in traditional or cloud applications and consume the information these systems deliver.
- Data turn out to be less complex. Data integration handles the intricacy that arises from a data transfer and rationalizes those connections to make it deliver to any system effortlessly.
- Data gains exceptional value than ever before. Users can now split their internal data and combine it with external data and combine structured and unstructured data from various sources.
- Data gets more centralized. Hence, it becomes easy for anyone in the company to utilize it. Centralized data can be converted easily earlier to data integration.
- Collaboration within data also improves due to its accessibility. Now employees can easily share data with one another internally or throughout the organization.
- Data accuracy gets better. It grows to be more consistent and is typically error-free to make certain that the data is valid and feasible.
These are a few of the ways that an organization can actually take benefit from a genuine data integration strategy. Without a pre-decided plan, it may be tough to manage, but having the right strategy can support the companies to realize considerable business value from a data integration solution.
General Business Use Cases for Data Integration
Are you aware of the ways you can put data integration into action? What is the reason that makes it so appealing in the first choice? Here are some ways confident organizations use data integration solutions:
Leverage Big Data
A big data analytical solution presents a way to collect important information from your structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data. Big data integration enables the IT team of an enterprise to integrate and merge all data at once and make it available for analysis and helps to gain actionable insights to make valuable business decisions. It doesn’t matter what type of data IT needs to split and analyze, whether it’s conventional data, machine-generated data, social media, web data, or data from the Internet of Things networks as data integration conducts real-time ingestion of data quickly.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
One trendy approach that enterprises use to take benefit of data integration is through customer relationship management (CRM) software. CRM enables an enterprise to capture and collect information about the customers who are interested in their services. Therefore, it is easier for an organization to recognize and target their customers and also garner benefits that boost revenue, including updated records that imitate correct customer information, managing a database of sales leads that is tracked and monitored across the process, and find out future opportunities to move toward or associate with customers.
Generally, it is hard to understand the true value that a single part of data embodies. But with data integration, it has become easier to track and monitor data throughout a whole business process and the business value from data is actually visible. A business user can see an inclusive customer view, from the ordering process through completion, which was built inside a data integration solution in the type of data synchronization. Data integration captures that entire customer’s information, prepares and delivers that data in a mode that is easy to digest and track.
Efficient business intelligence has some definite number of requirements to make an aggregated and intended data set that enters into a data warehouse and needs to be repurposed a little amount. Data integration tools assemble data and convert it according to the required structure so that a business intelligence solution can perform it deliberately. For making this happen, data integration also conducts major business processes such as business performance management, reporting, dashboards, and advanced analytics to build some important and tactical strategies.
Selecting the Best Approach!
There are numerous ways that a company can adopt to make use of data integration technology. These approaches correspond to functionality that no other tool does. The type of approach you select to conduct data integration depends entirely on the specific requirements of an organization and the outcome which you desired from the data integration. Here are some ways through which a company can utilize data integration technology:
- Data Consolidation
- Data Warehousing
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL)
- Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
The major step to a successful digital transformation strategy, data integration can reform your business technology to work together with customers, vendors, suppliers, and applications. Contact a leading Data Integration Consultants today, ExistBI has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Europe.