Commvault is a leading provider of data management and data protection software and solutions. Founded in 1988, the company offers comprehensive data protection and backup solutions that enable organizations to safeguard their critical data across various platforms and environments. Whether it’s on-premises data centers, cloud-based applications, or virtualized environments, Commvault ensures data is protected from loss, corruption, or cyber threats.
Commvault was looking for a consultant to provide a “health check” of their current data integrations. ExistBI was chosen to provide a 2-week assessment.
ExistBI’s Data Integration assessment is used to assess an organization’s existing data integration capabilities and requirements. It includes:
- Identifying the specific business objectives and goals that data integration should support,
- Creating an inventory of all data sources used within the organization,
- Assessing the quality and consistency of the data across various sources,
- Examining the existing data integration infrastructure, tools, and technologies
- Reviewing how data is transformed and mapped from source systems to target systems
- Creating a comprehensive strategy that outlines the approach to achieving seamless data integration, including technology recommendations, timelines, and resource allocation.
For Commvault, the data integration assessment started with several discovery interviews with senior management and internal subject matter experts. Questions touched several areas including business requirements, data acquisition, data integration, data management, data warehousing, systems performance, business intelligence, analytics, and reporting.
Each area was evaluated and based on the information provided, ranked between least mature and more mature. Any identified gaps between current and desired levels were highlighted and a prioritized list of detailed recommendations and steps were discussed.
ExistBI offered the following expertise to help Commvault meet its objectives:
- Data integration consulting, including bringing together structured and/or unstructured data from various databases, applications, systems, and file formats to reduce data silos, avoid data duplication and create a single source of truth.
- Data warehouse design, build, implementation, management, and maintenance including designing and creating logical and physical data models; providing database management services; building data integration services between multiple sources, such as databases, APIs, flat files, and cloud platforms; optimizing data warehouse performance, such as indexing, partitioning, and query optimization.
- Data quality and data governance best practices including understanding data quality issues, data cleansing techniques, and implementing data security best practices and techniques to protect sensitive data.
- ETL development, including a strong understanding of data structures, data modeling, and databases. ExistBI is also proficient in working with various data formats and sources, understanding data quality issues, and ensuring data accuracy during the extraction and transformation process. ExistBI is well versed in working with ETL tools like Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Talend, IBM InfoSphere DataStage and SAP Data Services.
ExistBI was able to provide a comprehensive assessment to Commvault and the company continues to partner with ExistBI on their data management needs.
Do you need an expert to look at your current data warehouse architecture and provide recommendations on how to take it to the next level? Let ExistBI be your data warehouse partner.