The Royal Protocol Agency of Saudi Arabia is responsible for organizing and implementing the protocol work for the Royal family and senior guests. Read how the agency leveraged ExistBI’s data governance expertise to deliver on its needs for assessments and frameworks for data governance, data quality, data architecture, and data management functions.
About Royal Protocol Agency
The Royal Protocol Agency (RPA) of Saudi Arabia is responsible for organizing and implementing the protocol work of his majesty and His Highness the Crown Prince and the country’s senior guests. It also establishes optimal relations with other countries through development tools and skills.
The RPA wanted to improve the level of performance of its protocol services. To achieve this objective, the agency was building and executing on a digital transformation strategy that was based on best practices and was in accordance with the Kingdom’s digital guidelines.
One of the items in their digital transformation strategy was to implement effective data management, data governance, data standardization, data quality and data analysis processes. For the data management process, RPA needed an expert to
- Define and implement a data governance process.
- Develop and implement an enterprise metadata architecture.
- Create, capture, and maintain enterprise metadata in a standardized way.
- Create and maintain master data management (MDM) standards.
In terms of data quality, RPA was looking for a consultant who could enable the creation of a data quality log, facilitate the creation of standard operating procedures to solve data quality issues and integrate data quality monitoring / correction into the daily process of the data stewards.
For data analysis, RPA needed an expert with the skills to leverage and optimize the agency’s existing business intelligence (BI) solution, gather reporting requirements, and create specification documents to hand over to the BI implementation team and evaluate innovative models (such as predictive / prescriptive) to optimize the business of the Royal Protocol Office.
ExistBI was chosen to review and provide recommendation for the above needs.
To support the RPA team, ExistBI offered extensive experience and knowledge in the following data management functions.
- Data governance to ensure data is governed, profiled, clean, validated, standardized, enriched, and translated.
- Data quality to measure the accuracy, completeness, consistency, reliability, and relevancy of data collected, stored, and used in a particular context.
- Master data management to create a single, authoritative view of business-critical data from disparate, duplicate, and conflicting information.
- Business intelligence to analyze information to gain insights, identify breakdowns, and make better decisions that will optimize your business.
After working closely with key decision makers and personnel at RPA, ExistBI delivered initial Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture and Data Management assessment reports. These were followed by framework documents on Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture and Data Management that the agency could use to meet their data transformation goals.
Do you want to implement a more robust data management and data governance strategy? Let ExistBI be your partner.