This 1-day IBM Cognos training course is designed to help you to build high quality finish reports in Cognos Report Studio, specifically IBM Cognos Active Reports. Cognos Active Reports provide an interactive analytics experience in a self-contained application for browsing and exploring data offline.
Who should attend?
- Business Authors who are required to develop active reports for use by their Business.
- Attend the Report Studio Introductory training course.
- Further practice on completion of the Introductory Course or attended an Advanced authoring course.
- An understanding of your Business needs would be helpful.
Course Content – High Level Objectives
- Provide an Overview of Active Reports
- Familiarity and usage of Active Report Controls
- Applying interactive behaviour and familiarity with naming conventions and use of variables
- Highlighted good working practice
- Using Decks and Data Decks together with associated cards
- Building Active Reports, several workshops utilised to cover key topic areas
Course Content – Detailed Objectives
- Obtain an Overview of Active Reports, workshops are used throughout.
- Review the content of an Active report and associated controls
- Convert Report Studio reports to active reports.
- Review Active Report properties.
- Using Filters and selects within Active reports.
- Using/Amending Active controls and Variables
- Applying Static & Dynamic Controls
- Reviewing the use of decks and cards and applying animation
- Understanding which properties to use in active reports
- Creating Connections and defining interactive controls
- Creating Cascading Prompts
- Understanding and configuration of master-detail relationships
- Highlighting Exceptional data
- Drill through reports
- Hints and Tips
- Using Tabs and Data Tabs
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- iPad Considerations
- Consolidation Workshops
- Recap – Q/A and course review/feedback