IBM Cognos BI Analysis Studio: Analyze Data (V10.1/10.2) is a one-day, instructor-led course that teaches business authors to navigate and analyze data in Analysis Studio. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on workshops, attendees will discover trends, identify opportunities, and learn how to make better business decisions. Participants will learn techniques such as ranking, filtering, asymmetrical crosstabs, and graphing to help them analyze large volumes of data. They will also learn to manage reports through IBM Cognos Connection.
Who should attend?
- Users who need to analyse their Business and create reports using the Analysis Studio product.
- None, however it would be beneficial to be familiar with a web browser and comfortable with using laptops/PC’s and a mouse. An understanding of your Business needs would be helpful.
Course Content – High Level Objectives
- Provide an Introduction to Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Provide an Introduction to the Cognos10
- Provide an overview of Cognos Connection & Analysis Studio
- To develop a range of skills within the Cognos Connection interface and Analysis Studio that will enable the user to be able to perform dynamic Analysis, in addition create reports and Dashboards
Course Content – Detailed Objectives
- Discuss and provide an overview of Business Intelligence & Business Analytics
- Overview of Cognos 10, covering Cognos Connection, common studio’s and Framework Manager
- Using Cognos Connection, covering navigation, running and saving reports in various formats and scheduling
- Introduction to the Analysis Studio interface and overview of workshops
- Overview of Cube Terminology and concepts, covering hierarchies, levels, members and measures
- Inserting Data Items into your analysis and report development
- How to focus your analysis, context filters and row/column data filters
- Introduction to the work area and report properties
- Utilising drill-down/up functionality
- How to nest data in columns and rows
- Adding charts to your report saving output in different formats (xls/pdf)
- Creation of a custom set, comparing multiple measures and creation of an asymmetric crosstab report
- Creation of calculations and using ranking, comparing actual and budget figures
- Overview of the process involved in adding Analysis Studio reports into a Report Pack within Report Studio
- Design and creation of portal pages
- Course Review and Feedback