IBM Cognos Introduction to Workspace is a 1-day training course. This course will introduce the skills that participants will need to use IBM Cognos Workspace to create effective reports and dashboards. This course will present topics related to creating reports and dashboards with IBM Cognos Workspace.
Who should attend?
- Users/Consumers who are required to build a workspace and be able to create basic dashboards
- Ability to work within a windows environment, it would also be beneficial to have a background with Cognos Connection and have a broad understanding of your business requirements.
Course Content – High Level Objectives
- An Introduction to Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Introduction to the Cognos10 and associated key studio’s
- An overview of Cognos Workspace
- Using the user interface and associated tools
- To design and create a Cognos Workspace
- Workshops are utilised throughout to aid learning.
Course Content – Detailed Objectives
- Discuss and provide an overview of Business Analytics.
- Overview of Cognos 10, covering Cognos Connection, common studio’s and Framework Manager.
- Introduction to Cognos Workspace
- Working with the Cognos Workspace Interface
- To work with Report Objects
- To be able to add and configure widgets within the workspace
- To be able to identify workspace components
- To be able to add a range of objects to the workspace
- To be able to focus your data (applying prompts/filters)
- To drill and launch a detail report from a summary report
- Creation of calculations and using the menu’s connected with your widget
- Using lists/charts and crosstabs and changing their presentation
- Review of changes to Cognos workspace at release 10.2
- Obtain an overview of good dashboard design
- To be able to design and create a Dashboard from scratch
- Summary and course review