This 2-day IBM Cognos training course covers basic to intermediate report building techniques, and how to enhance, customize, and manage professional reports in Report Studio. Through interactive learning activities, participants will learn the report building process and report management.
Who should attend?
- End users who are required to develop reports within Cognos Report Studio against a relational data source.
- None, however background with using a web browser and ability to use laptops/PC’s and a mouse would be beneficial.
Course Content – High Level Objectives
- An Introduction to Business Intelligence/Analytics.
- Introduction to the Cognos10.
- An overview of the Report Studio interface is provided.
- To develop authoring skills within report studio to allow users to create reports.
- To obtain an overview of the Cognos Connection portal
Course Content – Detailed Objectives
- Discuss and provide an overview of Business Analytics.
- Overview of Cognos 10, covering Cognos Connection, common studio’s and Framework Manager.
- Introduction to the Report Studio interface and overview of workshops.
- Creation of basic reports, introduction to lists, crosstabs and charts.
- Utilising and discussing various methods that can be used whilst building your reports.
- Creation of queries, sql overview and understanding queries.
- Grouping and sorting your data.
- Creating hard coded and parameterised filters.
- Setting up variables and conditional formatting.
- Utilising insertable objects in your report and usage of various tools from within the toolbox. Creation of query calculations.
- Working with Comparison & Logical operators.
- Creation of prompt pages and utilising various types of prompt, alignment of your report and formatting techniques.
- Making use of functions and examples of how to aggregate and total your reports.
- Creation of crosstab and chart reports.
- Creating drill-through reports and using cascading prompts.
- Discussions and overview/introduction to more complex tools within report studio.
- Working to report specifications.
- Course Review and Feedback.