This 1-day IBM Cognos training helps you build on topics learned in the Introduction to Report Studio training course, this IBM Cognos Advanced Report Studio course is designed for professional report authors to learn advanced report building techniques using relational data models, and ways of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports. Attendees will participate in hands-on demos and workshops that illustrate key concepts while learning how to use the product.
Who should attend?
- Users who need to make use of the more advanced authoring features available within Report Studio and to consolidate existing authoring skills.
- To have attended the Introductory Report Studio course or alternatively to have practiced with the product to gain a good level of competence.
- To provide an overview/recap of the key areas of Cognos 10.
- To utilise several advanced topic areas within Report Studio.
- To build reports in order to consolidate your understanding of the advanced features.
Course Content – Detailed Objectives
- Discuss and provide an overview of Cognos 10.
- Understanding queries and building reports from Queries.
- Connecting to external Data directly from Report Studio.
- Joining queries within your report and understanding query options.
- Using Master Detail relationships.
- Changing Report Styles (for instance List to a Crosstab).
- Creating and using conditional blocks together with associated logic.
- Troubleshooting formatting and alignment issues linked with crosstab reports.
- Creating and using Burst reports.
- Creating and using Contents Page.
- Using Bookmarks.
- Using Functions, such as case and cast statements.
- Setting up and using prompt properties to assist with filtering your data.
- Optional Extra’s for review, Changing the report layout using Page Structure, scheduling reports, overview of Portal Pages, what’s new at Cognos 10.2.
- Course Review and Feedback.