The Information Governance Catalog (IGC) is a new product within the Information Server suite of products. It replaces two products in earlier versions of Information Server: Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench. The new Information Governance Catalog contains and enhances all the functionality that these earlier products contained and adds additional functionality as well as an enhanced user interface.
This 12-hour Information Governance Catalog I (IGC) training course focuses on the functionality previously contained in Metadata Workbench. IGC II focuses on the functionality previously contained in Business Glossary. In IGC I you will learn how IGC is used to explore, manage, and analyze the metadata produced and consumed by products and components in Information Server and stored in the Information Server shared Repository. This course is designed to give users the skills to capture, explore, and analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository as well as metadata that extends beyond Information Server: To data sources and applications that feed into DataStage jobs and to data sources and applications that DataStage jobs feed into.
- 12-hours of instructor led training
- 60% lecture, 40% hands-on
- This is a basic course for those who will be using IGC to explore and analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository.
- You should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Familiarity with Information Server products, in particular DataStage, is desirable, but not required.
- Describe the main kinds of metadata assets that can be explored and analyzed in the Information Governance Catalog
- Describe how metadata is captured
- Explore metadata assets using Search and Query
- Create data lineage reports
- Enhance lineage using extended mappings
- Create business lineage reports
- Unit 01. Introduction to the Information Governance Catalog I
- Unit 02. Exploring the Information Governance Catalog
- Unit 03. Capturing Metadata Assets
- Unit 04. Search and Query
- Unit 05. Data Lineage
- Unit 06. Enhancing Lineage Through Extended Mappings