This 3-day Informatica course is designed for Developers who have already completed the Data Quality 10: Developer, Level 1 course and are more experienced users of the tool. It focuses on topics such as building Classifier and NER models, Parsing, Matching, Human Tasks and Workflows, Association and Parameters. This course is applicable to software version 10.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Build an Enterprise Discovery Profile and perform Join Profiling
- Create and edit Classification Models
- Create and edit NER/Probabilistic Models
- Perform advanced Parsing
- Perform additional Grouping and Matching techniques.
- Build Identity Match mappings
- Associate matched records
- Create and execute Workflows to populate Analyst users’ inboxes with Exception and Duplicate record tasks
- Work with DQ Parameters
- Use Web Services to work with DQ for Excel
- Discuss Performance Tips
- Review Data Quality projects at work
- Review the CRM and Dashboard & Reporting Templates
- Three-days of instructor led training
- 60% lecture, 40% hands-on
Module 1: Developer Review & Join Profiling
- Informatica Developer Review
- Creating Join Profiles with Enterprise Discover
- Lab: Enterprise Discovery and Join Profiling
Module 2: Standardization & Classification
- Building and refining a Classifier Model
- Applying a Classifier Model
- Lab: Create, update, compile and use a Classifier Model
Module 3: Additional Parsing Techniques
- Building and refining a Probabilistic Model
- Applying a Probabilistic Model
- Lab: Create, update, compile and use a Probabilistic Model
- Additional Parsing techniques
- Building regular expressions
- Lab: Create and test regular expressions
Module 4: Grouping & Matching
- Grouping techniques
- Using Composite keys
- Matched pairs output
- Working with Match mapplets
- Manipulating the matched data using the Driver ID
- Perform Dual Matching
- Lab: Advanced Match mappings
Module 5: Identity Matching
- Match Data using Identity Matching
- Using UID to match data
- Lab: Perform Matching using Identity Matching
- Lab: Create, load and match data in a Match Store
Module 6: Association
- How the Association Transformation works.
- Use the Association Transformation to link Matched Data ahead of Consolidation.
- Lab: Build a mapping to perform Multi-Criteria Matching, Association, and Consolidation
Module 7: Task and Workflow Management
- Workflow Recovery
- Build mappings to process updated exception and duplicate records.
- Lab: Build a workflow to assign tasks to users in the Analyst tool.
- Lab: Create mappings to process updated Exception and Consolidation Task records.
Module 8: Informatica Analyst Tasks
- Update exception and duplicate records in Informatica Analyst.
- Lab: Review the workflow and verify that updated records are processed accordingly on completion of the workflow.
Module 9: Parameterization
- Parameters in Data Quality mappings
- Lab: Update mapping, build and deploy the Application and create and execute Parameter files.
Module 10: DQ for Excel using Web Services
- Executing DQ Mappings on Excel Spread sheets
- Lab: Use Web Services to execute Data Quality Mappings in Excel
Module 11: Performance tips and tricks
- General Installation and Memory Information
- DQ Component Configuration
- Service Settings
- DQ Transformations
- Configuration Settings
Module 12: Data Quality at Work
- A look at Data Quality implementations
Module 13: CRM and Dashboard and Reporting Templates
- Available CRM and Dashboard and Reporting Templates
- Lab: CRM Template