ExistBI is an authorized Informatica training, consulting and resell partner. Our Informatica trainers are certified, enthusiastic and extremely experienced. We deliver official or fit for purpose Informatica PowerCenter Administration training curriculum in your office or via instructor-led virtual classroom to meet the needs of your organization. In this 3-day PowerCenter Admin training, students are provided with the fundamental knowledge and skills to maintain an Informatica PowerCenter environment. Focused on teaching individuals how to use the Informatica Administrator tool to maintain the required environment.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe core administration tasks and tools
- Configure the Informatica Administrator tool
- Create and configure necessary services
- Plan and implement a backup strategy
- Manage Informatica security
- Audit security access and privileges
- Perform ongoing maintenance
- Stop or recycle a service
- Review domain logs
- Perform license management
- Three-days of instructor led training
- 60% lecture, 40% hands-on labs
- Administrators with some experience managing either PowerCenter or Data Quality.
- Data Quality or Data Services Level 1 Developer or Informatica PowerCenter v10 Developer, Level 1
Module 1: PowerCenter 10 Architecture
- This module is intended to describe the Informatica PowerCenter 10 technical architecture, describe the Informatica domain, nodes, and an overview of the application services. The module also provides an overview of the PowerCenter clients.
Module 2: Best Practices
- Describes the use of best practices
Module 3: Installing Informatica 10
- Describes installing Informatica 10 domain and clients
Module 4: Using the Informatica Administrator tool
- Describes the Administrator tool layout
Module 5: Configuring PowerCenter Application Services
- Describes adding, configuring and managing a PowerCenter Repository Service and repository.
- Describes adding, configuring and managing a PowerCenter Integration Service
Module 6: Users and Groups
- Describes how to add users and groups to the Informatica Platform
Module 7: Privileges and Roles
- Describes how to create a custom role and assign privileges and roles to users and groups
Module 8: Permissions
- Describes how to use Informatica permissions