Sri is a Senior Business Intelligence Specialist in the ExistBI New York and Los Angeles office. He is an accomplished information technology and management professional with over 10 years’ experience planning, designing, building, and managing systems, processes, and functions. Typically working as a BI team lead or BI architect role.
His deep experience includes:
- Long-term track record managing small to large projects and teams in a variety of roles. Excellent customer service and commitment to quality products, processes, and services are essential components to proven successful lifecycle management, technology development, and production support.
- Having 7+ years’ experience on Cognos Tools – Cognos 10.2.1,10.1.1, 8.4, 8.3 & 8.2 Suite (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio and Cognos Connection, Business Insight and Insight Advanced), Cognos Report net 1.1 Mr3, Cognos EP Series 7.3 (Impromptu, IWR, Power Play Transformer8.3 and Power Play Windows/Web, upfront), and SSRS 2005 & 2008.
- Experience in Cognos 10.2.1& 10.1.1 Active Reports, Dynamic Cubes and query visualization tool “Dynamic Query Analyzer”.
- Extensively worked on Cognos 8 Framework Manager – Creating Models in Framework Manager – Importing Meta Data from Different Sources, Dimension Hierarchy, Determents, Star Schema Grouping and Packages.
- Strong skills in Report Development, DMR & Cube Modeling in Cognos 8.x& 10.x versions.
- Experience and expertise in understanding existing business processes, data analysis requirements, business systems analysis and design, converting requirements specifications into functional specifications.
- Created and published packages with security using Framework Manager.
- Generated different kind of reports including Templates, list, Cross-tab, Conditional Block List Query Studio & Report studio in Cognos 8.
- Good Experience in Cognos Installation (Multitier Environment) and Administration.
- Good Knowledge and understanding in Erwin Data modeling.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Data Mart Architecture, Data Modeling and Dimension Modeling using Star Schema and Snow-Flake Schema.
- Good Experience with MDX Functions in Report Studio using Multi-dimensional Sources.
- Experienced with trouble shooting and optimizing cube performance.
- Expertise in creating Dash board reports and using Java Script in Report studio. Provided End user training in each project.
- Experience with MS SQL, Teradata, Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors and triggers.
- Applied Best Practices in each project and adjusted the “Edit Governor Settings” in Framework based on the requirements.
- Highly motivated and hardworking individual with penchant for learning new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills. Strong analytical-problem solving and trouble shooting skills. Ability to balance flexibility and task priorities to meet internal customer demands and meet project deadlines.
- ETL: DataStage, Microsoft SSIS and Informatica 9.x
- Reporting: Cognos 10.2.1,10.1.1,8.4 ,8.3 and 8.2 Suite (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Event Studio, Query Studio), Cognos EP Series 7.3, Cognos Impromptu 7.3, Power Play 7.3,8.4, IWR, Upfront, Crystal Reports , Tableau, MS-Office Suite, SSRS 2005 ,SAP-BW3.5 & BI 7.0.
- Databases: Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Netezza.