Business intelligence (BI) is becoming increasingly important for companies of many different sizes and types because of the competitive edge it can help to give them. The combined capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 make it easier than ever for companies to develop a BI solution that meets their specific needs, provides reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), and achieves a faster time to solution.
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to empower information workers through self-service analytics and reporting. Students will learn how to implement multidimensional analysis solutions, create PowerPivot and tabular data models, deliver rich data visualizations with PowerView and SQL Server Reporting Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
- 5 Days
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Supporting Self Service Reporting
- Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Working with Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
- Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing a Tabular Data Model with Microsoft PowerPivot
- Introduction to DAX
- Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
- Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
A more comprehensive course outline is available.