The focus of this five-day Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes.
- Implementing reports, and managing report delivery.
- Creating business performance dashboards.
- Supporting data mining and predictive analysis.
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modelling
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
- Enhancing a Cube
- Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to DAX
- Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining