This two-day course covers advanced issues in data warehousing design and explains how to work with these complexities when implementing a MicroStrategy project.
Students learn how to model complex attribute relationships and hierarchies, implement role attributes and slowly changing dimensions, design the schema for optimal performance, use logical views to resolve data modeling and schema design issues, and optimize query performance using both database and MicroStrategy functionality.
Students get hands-on practice during the course through exercises.
Module 1: Introduction to advanced data warehousing
- Data warehouse design and reporting
- Overview of advanced data warehousing
Module 2: Advanced schema design
- Snowflake and star schemas
- Recommended schema design
Module 3: Logical views
- Logical views in MicroStrategy Architect
- Creating logical views
- Using logical views to resolve data warehousing issues
Module 4: Many-to-many relationships
Module 5: Attribute roles
Module 6: Hierarchies
- Ragged hierarchies
- Split hierarchies
- Recursive hierarchies
- Slowly changing dimensions