This one-day MicroStrategy Freeform SQL Essentials training covers the capabilities and benefits of freeform SQL reports created in MicroStrategy Desktop.
Students learn how to configure a Freeform SQL database instance, create reports within the Freeform SQL editor, use prompts in these reports, compose advanced queries, access data from non-relational data sources, and implement security features within Freeform SQL reports.
Students perform hands-on exercises to create Freeform SQL reports against various data sources. A great course for turning data into visualizations.
Our teams regularly engage customers in the banking, manufacturing, retail, biotech, pharma, energy and utilities, logistics, federal government, food and beverage, healthcare, higher education, hospitality and insurance industries.
Module 1: Introduction to Freeform SQL reporting
- What is Freeform SQL?
- What are the benefits of using Freeform SQL?
- Comparison of Freeform SQL and standard reports
Module 2: Creating Freeform SQL reports
- Overview of Freeform SQL report creation
- Configuring a Freeform SQL database instance
- The Freeform SQL editor
- Creating a Freeform SQL report
- Managed objects
- Filters and Freeform SQL reports
- Drilling on Freeform SQL reports
- Using Freeform SQL reports in documents
Module 3: Prompts in Freeform SQL reports
- Using prompts in Freeform SQL reports
- Creating a Freeform SQL report with prompts
Module 4: Advanced topics for Freeform SQL reports
- Using derived and common table expressions
- Using stored procedures
- Accessing non-relational data sources
Module 5: Security for Freeform SQL Reports
- Configuring access to Freeform SQL objects
- Using security filters in Freeform SQL reports