This one-day course covers the capabilities and benefits of freeform SQL reports created in MicroStrategy Desktop.
Students learn how to configure a Freeform SQL database instance, create reports within the Freeform SQL editor, use prompts in these reports, compose advanced queries, access data from non-relational data sources, and implement security features within Freeform SQL reports.
Students perform hands-on exercises to create Freeform SQL reports against various data sources.
Module 1: Introduction to Freeform SQL reporting
- What is Freeform SQL?
- What are the benefits of using Freeform SQL?
- Comparison of Freeform SQL and standard reports
Module 2: Creating Freeform SQL reports
- Overview of Freeform SQL report creation
- Configuring a Freeform SQL database instance
- The Freeform SQL editor
- Creating a Freeform SQL report
- Managed objects
- Filters and Freeform SQL reports
- Drilling on Freeform SQL reports
- Using Freeform SQL reports in documents
Module 3: Prompts in Freeform SQL reports
- Using prompts in Freeform SQL reports
- Creating a Freeform SQL report with prompts
Module 4: Advanced topics for Freeform SQL reports
- Using derived and common table expressions
- Using stored procedures
- Accessing non-relational data sources
Module 5: Security for Freeform SQL Reports
- Configuring access to Freeform SQL objects
- Using security filters in Freeform SQL reports