This two-day Tableau Desktop Advanced training course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. The course is designed for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues. This course will include extensive hands-on activities to re-enforce the skills and knowledge attained.
- Tableau Fundamentals and/or equivalent.
At the end of this class, the student will be able to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Work with statistics and statistical techniques
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Implement all options in working with data: Joining multiple tables, data blending,
- Performance considerations and working with the Data Engine, sharing your connections as meta data, and understand when to implement which connection method.
- Work with parameters and input controls
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design and visual best practices
Implement many efficiency tips and tricks
- Understand the basics of Tableau Server and other options for sharing your results
- Working with Single Data Sources
- Using Multiple Data Sources
- Using Calculations in Tableau
- Advanced Table Calculations
- Creating and Using Parameters
- Comparing Measures Against a Goal
- Showing the Biggest and the Smallest Values
- Tableau Geocoding
- Statistics and Forecasting
- Showing Distributions of Data
- Dashboards and Stories