This two-day advanced Tableau training course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. The Tableau Desktop Advanced course is designed for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues. This course will include extensive hands-on activities to re-enforce the skills and knowledge attained.
All of our trainers are certified and enthusiastic about Tableau! The course is offered onsite or online via live instructor-led virtual classroom. All delegates receive course materials and access to our licensed Tableau environment for hands-on labs.
At the end of this class, the student will be able to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Work with statistics and statistical techniques
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Implement all options in working with data: Joining multiple tables, data blending,
- Performance considerations and working with the Data Engine, sharing your connections as meta data, and understand when to implement which connection method.
- Work with parameters and input controls
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design and visual best practices
Implement many efficiency tips and tricks
- Understand the basics of Tableau Server and other options for sharing your results
- Working with Single Data Sources
- Using Multiple Data Sources
- Using Calculations in Tableau
- Advanced Table Calculations
- Creating and Using Parameters
- Comparing Measures Against a Goal
- Showing the Biggest and the Smallest Values
- Tableau Geocoding
- Statistics and Forecasting
- Showing Distributions of Data
- Dashboards and Stories