This two day PowerCenter Operations and Support instructor-led training course provides basic skills and knowledge to people working in a PowerCenter support role. This course will prepare you for that challenge by giving you a through overview Informatica’s development suite of tools, that you may better understand how to troubleshoot oddities and processes that generate errors or process failures.The labs in this course take you from learning the basics of mapping design all the way through operator level processing. In all of this, you will be guided by Informatica’s Velocity methodology.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Use PowerCenter software to create and understand basic mappings that move data from sources to targets, basic sessions and workflows, and observe the load process and analyze results for successful and failed processes.
- Understand PowerCenter’s technical connectivity requirements to source or load data from various sources of data.
- Learn the various ways a PowerCenter session or workflow can be started.
- Understand and work with the PowerCenter scheduler.
- Examine the properties of the PowerCenter High Availability option.
- Learn the command line syntax to schedule a PowerCenter process from the command line via a 3rd party scheduler or script.
- Learn the primary troubleshooting processes to diagnose errors related to a failed load.
- Learn the various PowerCenter recovery options for tasks and workflows including how to recover a failed session.
- Apply Informatica recommended Best Practices to the Operations process transformations
Next Public Course Dates