The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Pre-requisites: At least 2 year’s experience of working with relational databases, including: Designing a normalized database, Creating tables and relationships, Querying with Transact-SQL, Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas), Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching) and An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes.
- Implementing reports, and managing report delivery.
- Creating business performance dashboards.
- Supporting data mining and predictive analysis.
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modelling
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
- Enhancing a Cube
- Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to DAX
- Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining