Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services training (MOC 6235), teaches students how to implement SQL Server Integration Services solution for extracting, transforming, and loading data. Students learn how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
This 3-day course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to enterprise data import and export scenarios.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including: SQL Server Agent.SQL query language fundamentals (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).SQL Server System tables.SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
- Overview of SQL Server Integration Services
- Using Integration Services Tools
Module 2. Developing Integration Services Solutions
- Creating an Integration Services Solution
- Using Variables
- Building and Running a Solution
Module 3: Implementing Control Flow
- Control Flow Tasks
- Control Flow Precedent Constraints
- Control Flow Containers
Module 4: Implementing Data Flow
- Data Flow Sources and Destinations
- Basic Data Flow Transformations
- Advanced Data Flow Transformations
- Data Flow Paths
Module 5: Implementing Logging
- Overview of Integration Services Logging
- Enabling and Configuring Logging
Module 6: Debugging and Error Handling
- Debugging a Package
- Implementing Error Handling
Module 7: Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
- Implementing Transactions
Module 8: Configuring and Deploying Packages
- Package Configurations
- Deploying Packages
- Managing and Securing Packages
- Managing Packages
- Securing Packages
Module 9: Conclusion