This unique 1-day Tableau Server training course is designed as an overview for those who need to quickly learn the basics of administering a standard, out-of-the-box installation of Tableau Server. The course is also appropriate for those considering a deployment of Tableau Server, but who would like to learn more about the product prior to making a final decision. This Tableau training is primarily designed for IT professionals or technically savvy staff who will be responsible for the installation, administration, and maintenance of Tableau Server.
Many of the concepts are covered from the perspective of deployments that are not overly large or complex. Those interested in advanced topics or detailed system integration of Tableau Server should consider the Tableau Server Comprehensive course instead. This course will include a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Complete basic installation of Tableau Server
- Describe the functionality provided by Tableau Server and how it extends the power of Tableau Desktop to a broader audience
- Describe how Tableau Server fits into the Tableau Product Suite and how the various products interact
- Explain reasons for choosing Tableau Server
- From an administrator’s perspective, describe how end-users interact with Tableau Server
- Describe the functions of each of the components of Tableau Server (gateway server, VizQL server, application server, data server, backgrounder, repository service, and extract host) and how they interact
- Describe the levels of security in Tableau Server and define how they are used
- Manage users, groups, sites, and permissions in Tableau Server
- Describe content structures within Tableau Server
- Use the Tab admin command line utility
Next Public Course Dates