This intense four day, instructor-led course introduces delegates to Informatica PowerCenter 9.x / 9.5 through lecture and hands-on exercises. The course is designed for Database Developers who are new to Informatica PowerCenter.
Informatica PowerCenter is a collection of thick client workbench tools that Developers can use to create, execute, monitor and schedule ETL processes.
The course will introduce delegates to working with the PowerCenter Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor tools, performing tasks such as creating transformations, mappings, reusable objects, sessions and workflows to extract, transform and load data. They will develop cleansing, formatting, sorting and aggregating procedures. They can learn how to use routers, update strategies, mapping parameters /variables and overrides. This course will cover many different types of lookups, such as cached, persistent, and multiple row returns.
Workflow tasks will be created to define a set of instructions for executing the ETL.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Use Informatica Support to resolve questions and problems
- Use Informatica PowerCenter 9.x / 9.5 Designer to build mappings that extract data from a source to a target, transforming it as necessary.
- Use Informatica PowerCenter transformations to cleanse, format, join, aggregate and route data to the appropriate targets
- Perform error handling/trapping using Informatica PowerCenter mappings
- Use Informatica PowerCenter 9.x / 9.5 Workflow Manager to build and run a workflow which executes a sessions associated with a mapping
- Design and build simple mappings and workflows based on essential business needs.
- Perform basic troubleshooting using Informatica PowerCenter logs and debugger.