About This Course
This 2-day Tableau Intermediate training (Desktop II: Intermediate) is designed to expand your skills and distinguish yourself as a Tableau power user. It’s structured for those who have a working experience with Tableau and want to take it to the next level. You should understand how to build basic worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
All of our trainers are certified and enthusiastic about Tableau! For larger teams, the course is offered onsite at your office. For individuals or smaller groups, we have Tableau training online. This online class is delivered by live instructor-led virtual classroom. All delegates receive course materials and access to our licensed Tableau environment for hands-on labs.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
- Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.