This four-day Informatica MDM training – Configuring Multidomain Edition provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to configure a data model and business rules in Informatica MDM Multidomain Edition. The custom MDM course also provides labs and exercises. Exist trainers also have the experience and confidence to work with real time scenarios from your environment. Depending on your requirements, we can also deliver a hybrid Informatica MDM training, combining Informatica MDM Configuration and Administering Informatica Master Data Management MDM.
- Business Analysts, Data Architects, MDM Configuration Specialists, Implementation MDM Configuration Specialists/Architect
- Instructor Led Onsite & Live Virtual Classroom
- Describe Informatica MDM Multidomain Edition architecture and data process flow
- Create the elements of the data model
- Define relationships within the data model
- Define lookups in a data model
- Configure the stage process for the Informatica MDM Hub by creating mappings that use functions and cleanse lists to map, move, and cleanse data between the landing and the staging table
- Configure the merge process by setting rules in the Informatica MDM Hub
- Configure the stage process for the Informatica MDM Hub by setting options for Delta Detection, Raw data retention, and the Cleanse Server
- Configure the load process for the Informatica MDM Hub
- Provides an overview of the match and merge process and its configuration
- Configure exact matching in the Informatica MDM Hub
- Create queries and packages to provide data views for Data Manager, Merge Manager, Informatica Data Director and Security Integration Framework
- Configure Batch Jobs
- Utilize data management tools in the Informatica Hub
- Utilize Enterprise Manager
- Find log files
- Provides an overview of User Exists and recognize the function of each type
- Provide an overview of product features not covered in this course
- Complete a full implementation of Informatica MDM Multidomain Edition, using the concepts covered in modules 1–11 of this training course
- Configure fuzzy matching in the Informatica MDM Hub
Module 1: Introduction
- Describe what the terms Master Data & Master Data Management mean.
- Identify the components of Informatica MDM Multidomain Edition.
- Describe the batch data process flow.
- Discuss the Trust Framework.
- Describe consolidation flag values.
- Describe the activities involved in the BUILD phase of an Informatica MDM Multidomain Edition implementation.
- Open and navigate the console.
Module 2: Define the Data Model
- Use the Schema tool to configure a consolidated data model, including relationships.
- Configure landing and staging tables.
Module 3: Configure the Stage Process
- Use cleanse functions, constants and conditional execution components to build mappings and re-usable cleanse components.
- Test mappings and run staging jobs.
- Configure delta detection and audit trail settings.
- Describe the logic flow of the staging process.
Module 4: Configure the Match & Merge Process
- Define match columns for fuzzy and exact match.
- Define match rules.
- Configure merge settings.
- Investigate match key distributions.
- Discuss additional options for match such as primary key matching and external match.
Module 5: Batch Processes
- Configure batch groups
- Execute batch jobs from Batches tool or Batch Groups tool
- Understand how to execute jobs by calling a stored procedure
- Query and understand job status
Module 6: Configure Data Access Views
- Create queries for update purposes.
- Create queries for read-only purposes.
- Create packages.
Module 7: Configure the Load Process
- Configure Trust Rules.
- Create Validation Rules.
- Switch on staging table properties that affect the LOAD job.
- Run LOAD jobs.
- Describe the LOAD process flow.
Module 8: User Objects
- Use the User Object Registry tool to view custom objects registered in the metadata.
- Understand what users exits are.
- Identify user exits for the Stage, Load, Match, Merge and
- Unmerge processes as well as other user exits.
Module 9: Log Files
- View environmental properties and change log file settings in Enterprise Manager.
- Find the various log files created by the system.
Module 10: Brief Product Features Overview
- A very brief description of the product features that are not covered in this course.
Module 11: Workshop
- This module provides an opportunity for you to put into practice everything that you have learned in this course
Module 12: Data Management Tools
- Use the Merge manager tool to review and take action on records queued for merge.
- Merge records, flag them as unique, manually search for matched records, edit records.
- Use the Data Manager tool to view and take action on any records in base object.
- Search for records, edit records, un-merge records.